DexCoat 3 A is designed as a mould release agent for epoxy, polyester, vinyl ester, phenolic and other thermosetting resins. It is an advanced polymeric resin in a non- chlorinated organic solvent blend. It provides an extremely durable film capable of giving many releases per application and will not contaminate the released surface.
- Easy application
- Non-chlorinated, ecologically friendly solvents
- Low odour
- Minimal mould build-up
- Versatile, can be used on all mould surfaces
- Durable film; provides multiple releases per application
DEXCOAT 3A Properties
(Swipe left/right to reveal table columns on mobiles)
||Clear, colourless liquid
- The polymeric resin used in DexCoat 3 A reacts with moisture.
- Please ensure can is resealed after use.
- DexCoat 3 A is supplied ready to use, no shaking or mixing is required. Do not mix with other products or solvents.
- For new, porous or damaged moulds, DexSeal should be used prior to applying the DexCoat 3 A See DexSeal technical data sheet for application details.
Please read safety data sheet before use.
If necessary, polish mould to desired level of gloss. If a wax or silicone-based release agent has been used previously, remove all traces of previous product using a solvent based cleaner such as DexClean.
DexCoat 3 A can be applied over existing semi- permanent release agents without a further cleaning step. However, the mould should be clean and dry before use.
Mould cleaning and release agent application should be performed in a well-ventilated area.
- Apply DexCoat 3 A to clean, dry cotton cloth.
- Gently wipe over mould surface covering an area of approximately 0,5 m². Vigorous rubbing or polishing is not required.
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 on the adjacent area. Ensure a good overlap with the previous area to provide complete coverage.
- Repeat until mould is completely coated.
- When dry, allow a further 15 minutes between coats for the film to cure.
- Repeat Steps 1- 5 above for a further 3 coats (4 in total).
- When dry, allow final film to cure for at least 30 minutes at room temperature before moulding. Allowing a longer cure or heat curing (e.g. 15 min. at 60 °C) will improve film durability.
When release becomes hesitant, reapply one coat of DexCoat 3 A in the same manner as described above.
Product technical information and data is based on the best information available and does not constitute or imply a warranty or patent infringement of any kind. BKY Chemical Solutions will work with you to ensure that the right product formulation is specified for your process. Please contact us for advice.